LG&E is now offering home energy rebates to help offset the costs of making energy efficient upgrades around the home. Through the launch of its Home Energy Rebates Program, LG&E and KU are targeting customers who plan to make specific appliance and product upgrades in an effort to make these energy efficient purchases more affordable. Home energy rebates range from $50 to $300 for various ENERGY STAR®-qualified appliances, as well as high-efficiency window film and HVAC systems.
Rebates are available for the following items:
- ENERGY STAR Heat pump water heater - $300
- ENERGY STAR Refrigerator – $100
- ENERGY STAR Clothes washer - $75
- ENERGY STAR Freezer – $50
- ENERGY STAR Dishwasher – $50
- Window Film – Up to 50 percent of material costs; a maximum of $200 (Labor not included.)
- Central air conditioner – $100, plus an additional $100 for every SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) unit greater than the federal minimum standard
- Air-source heat pump – $100, plus an additional $100 for every SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) unit greater than the federal minimum standard
To ensure an appliance is ENERGY STAR qualified, check for the ENERGY STAR logo. A full list of ENERGY STAR® appliances and products is available at here.
How to Apply
Customers can sign in to My Account to start a rebate application online or call 1-800-356-5467.
Customers must complete a rebate application and submit their proof of purchase, which is a valid store receipt including purchase date, model number and complete purchase information. Once a rebate application is approved, a rebate check will be mailed within four weeks.