The Green Triangle is partnering with Eco-Cell, a local business in the 9th District, to recycle handheld electronics to benefit the Green Triangle. For each item donated, materials will be kept out of the landfill and the Green Triangle will receive funds to make our community more sustainable.
You can drop off electronics for recycling at the following locations:
- Crescent Hill Trading Company, 2720 Frankfort Avenue, at S. Bayly, behind Carmichael’s Bookstore
- Eco-Cell, 1726 Mellwood Avenue – deposit in the bamboo box near the door – see photo below
- Nancy’s Bagel Grounds, 2101 Frankfort Avenue, at the corner of Frankfort Avenue and Vernon Avenue
- Heine Brothers’ Coffee, 2714 Frankfort Avenue, between Hite Avenue and Bayly Avenue
- Red Hot Roasters, 1403 Lexington Avenue – drop off your electronics as you drive-thru and buy your coffee
Other drop off locations in the 9th District will be announced. If your business would like to serve as a drop off location, please email Katie Holmes.
Acceptable items include: cell phones, cell phone accessories, digital cameras, iPods and MP3 players, handheld game systems, GPS handheld units, laptops, e-readers and portable hard drives. All cords and related items can also be recycled. Learn more.
There are many reasons to recycle electronics. Benefits include keeping valuable materials out of landfills, reducing the need for mining of rare metals used to make cell phones and therefore preserving gorilla habitat, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Learn more from Eco-Cell.